NEi Nastran Finite Element Analysis software provides a wide range of industry proven solutions for civil engineering infrastructure
like power plants, bridges, roads, railways, structures, and water
systems. Benefits include: greater confidence in the structural
integrity of the design when considering more innovative construction
methods and materials, faster evaluation of trade studies, configuration
changes and concept designs, parallel evaluation of the overall
structure with key detailing within the structure, and capability
to deal with all types of loading environments.
"NEi Software, Inc. I am serious about the offer to use me as a spokesman.
Your software has exceed even the expectations that you yourself
set for MME. Those expectations were very high, and you still
managed to overwhelm us."
Dr. Michael E. Stevenson
Metals & Material Engineers
NEi Nastran customers in civil engineering routinely address issues related to:
- Structure analysis of concrete slabs, structural frames, building trusses,
guyed masts, towers, and silos, as well as innovative thin shell and geodesic structures
- Design and analysis of tension structures, glass atriums and skylights, and composite roofs and canopies
- Detailed analysis to predict local buckling, assess fatigue and welding defects
- Loading environments such as seismic, impact, wind, snow, ice and thermal loading
- Prestress analysis of tension structures, cables, and reinforcing members
- Seismic analysis using CQC, NRL, SRSS and ABS modal combination methods
- Linear and nonlinear transient, frequency, and random response analysis with base excitation
- Applications including structures found in airports, theme parks, public and commercial buildings, observatories, and parking garages
- Full Analysis capabilities from model setup to detail results visualization
NEi Nastran product suite key benefits for civil engineering:
- Comprehensive interactive tools necessary for model creation, analysis
monitoring, and results evaluation including a state-of-the-art
- High performance processing including advanced parallel PCG
iterative, sparse direct, and block Lanczos solvers which allow
solutions to large-scale models over 10 million degrees of freedom
on inexpensive 32-bit Windows workstations as well as high end 64-bit
contact capability using a 3D surface contact method which
easily handles dissimilar meshes between components including frictional
through advanced material models including temperature
dependent materials, nonlinear elasticity and plasticity effects,
creep, and thermo-elasticity.
- Modal Reduction and Substructuring allowing in-depth evaluation
of particular regions and convenient transfer of models to subcontractors.
allowing in-depth evaluation of particular regions.
and Boundary Condition Interpolation allows mapping of
thermal and CFD output from specialized heat transfer and fluid
dynamic models to the structural model for load and boundary condition
solution sequences such as linear and nonlinear static,
transient dynamic, steady state dynamic, frequency extraction, heat
transfer, and other analysis types, provide a choice of appropriate
analysis types for different types of simulations.
for standard manufacturing process effects such
as casting induced warpage and residual stress and strain.
with specialized fatigue applications such as winLIFE,
which is available as an add-on to the NEi Nastran product suite
and also fe-safe, nCode, Falancs and FE-Fatigue.
Histories in Civil Industry
People Mover for a Major Airport
Park Attraction Design
Observatory Telescope - Chilean Andes
Line Towers by Tower Testing and Research Station
Product Demonstration Options and Information