Femap® by Siemens PLM Software is a professional level pre- and post-processor used for preparing models and viewing the results of engineering analyses for structural, heat transfer, and fluid flow problems. Femap can import geometry from all major CAD systems and can use a wide variety of solvers including finite element analysis (FEA) and computation fluid dynamics (CFD). Femap runs on Microsoft Windows.
Who Uses Femap?
Femap is for product design and development professionals who need to do more effective analysis and have moved beyond the capabilities found in typical in-CAD simulation software or more limited FEA products. They need a CAE tool that provides them with more functionality, more control over the analysis process, and provides more accurate results. They have moved from simple parts to assemblies and more complex systems. They have moved from being primarily involved in CAD design with occasional need for validation to more involvement with engineering and analysis. They have climbed the FEA learning curve and are ready for the next level of analysis.
These are just some of the Femap 11.0 benefits:
- Improved user productivity through new automatic 3D geometry preparation capability
- Extended post-processing toolbox and free body tool
- Easier and faster way to review free body diagrams and interface loads
- Nitinol and Shape Memory Alloys are now supported for NEi Nastran
- Rigid element support for thermal analysis in NEi Nastran
"Siemens PLM Software congratulates NEi Software on their achievement as 2012ís top Femap Reseller for the Americas."
Kevin Piccola, Vice President,
Siemens PLM Software